You might not realize how much history there is behind this simple card game. But if you want to learn more about bingo, we’ve got 5 things you might not know about the game! Check out our blog post for more information on this topic.
- Bingo is primarily known for being an American pastime but has been played in other countries too. In Italy, for example, they play a variety of bingo called “beano”.
- The game of bingo that is most similar to the American version was first played in the 1920s. Toymaker and entrepreneur, Edwin Lowe, popularised the pastime and produced the first mass-market bingo game in 1929.
- In Norway, there’s no such thing as a free game of bingo. Players pay to play using an old-fashioned coin-operated machine that sells the bingo cards!
- Around £812 million is spent playing both online and offline bingo in the United Kingdom
- In the US, it’s estimated that over 60 million people play bingo. This is double what was reported just a few years ago!
It seems like more people are playing this game now than ever before. With all of these new games out there to choose from, you might need tips to help you get more from playing bingo.
- Look for a bingo hall near you and take some friends with you! You’ll have more fun playing if you make it into an event to enjoy together.
- Pay attention to how many cards are in play at any given time as well; this will help when you’re close to winning!
- Bingo can be played in many different ways so find the game that suits you best.
- If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask someone; they’ll usually be happy to help and answer your question.
The Mecca Bingo site is a really good place to play online. They offer games that are very similar in style to the American version, but they also have some unique versions for you and your friends to enjoy! Check out their website for more information about how it works or just head over there right now and start playing.